Thread: Techzonez History/Background + Future

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I remember posting a history of how Techzonez came about a while back, if only I could find that post again.

Ha, found it!

For those who do not know, let me provide some history as to how Techzonez came about.

Around Sept. 2001 I found this cool forum called Peppy's. It had a decently sized member base and that is where I found the following friends: Reverend, Big Booger, Blackwar, GimieGimieGimie, EcPercy, Robi-wan, Peppy, egghead, Phishead, Style, Xperties (yup on Peppy's then later on msfn) and others who have contributed greatly to my computer know-how. We had some great times on that forum and Windows XP was brand spanking new. But the forum went down a lot, for months at times so we searched for other forums that we could call home.

We found MSFN. I called in all the guys I bumped into to join MSFN so we could resume the interaction we once fondly had. That is where we met zErO, msnwar, akafree, FatherJack, Sedative, AaronXP, Piaqt and others. Then MSFN went down, we couldn't believe it! It was down for months!

So, Reverend decided to experiment on putting up a forum on a free Site called Netfirms. Of course bandwidth was really limited due to the "free" nature of the site. But this was where Reverend's vision was born! In the beginning we were using ikonboard 'cause that was the only board supported by netfirms. Then Rev decided it was time to shell out the money to start a "real" forum. He found NETRG and we moved over to vBullettin. It was first called "Reverend's XP Forums".

For fear of being labeled a Religious Cult Forum, Big Booger in collaboration with Rev thought about the future and the name "TECHZONEZ" was born! Then the rest of the story you are now a part of!
    Last edited by Conan; December 5th, 2002 at 01:07 AM.